The primary objective is to enable those who are transitioning from prison to the community from as wide a range of backgrounds as possible to gain meaningful qualifications which improves their prospects of work in areas which are realistic to their circumstances.
- Qualify for Success offers on-the-job training for people with convictions.
- People with convictions will be able to gain nationally recognised qualifications, skills and experience without having to attend a classroom setting.
- 47% of adult prison population held no qualifications in 2013, with only 5% educated to an A-Level standard.
- People with convictions will have somewhere and somebody with the time, commitment and experience to help them through chaos, confusion and setbacks they may encounter.
- Café Central allows us to offer the in-house qualifications, which benefit families and communities. Reducing crime makes Manchester a better place for everybody.